Climb the mountain and play the yeti games.
Each game will test memory and learning skills. The Yeti Master will explain signs of dyslexia.
About the App
- 6 games that each test a different learning ability
- Email your results to those that need to know
- Suggests how to make better use of your learning strengths
- Explains what difficulties you will experience where you have a weakness
- Three different paths up the mountain encourage you to replay games and improve your skills
- Collect all 18 yetis
- Dyslexia is a general term that does not tell you exactly what type of difficulties you have
- Each game will test a different learning ability often experienced by those with dyslexia
- Auditory memory is the ability to listen carefully, hold the information in the mind and recall what is heard. A difficulty in processing auditory information can prevent someone understanding what has been said
- People with dyslexia often have a problem with holding information in their working memory. This means that a task is forgotten as soon as it is undertaken
- Dyslexia is often characterized by a slower processing speed. This affects how quickly written work is produced or the speed of response to spoken questions
- Sequencing skills are essential for recording information or ideas in the correct order. Many have difficulty with sequencing
- Some people with dyslexia have a poor visual memory. An inability to create a clear mental image of a word prevents them from writing it directly from memory
This app will give a snapshot of learning abilities linked to dyslexia. A full assessment should be given by an educational psychologist.