Hairy Phonics 2
Learn 9 new vowel digraphs (sounds): ai, ay, ee, ea, ie, oa, oi, oy, oo.
About the App
Hairy Phonics 2 introduces the next set of vowel digraphs that every child needs to learn. Two vowels join together and make one sound (vowel digraphs). Hairy Phonics develops phonemic awareness. This is a particularly important skill for those with dyslexia. Designed for 5-7 years.
What it includes
- Play games to blend the phonemes into a whole word.
- Trace the letters with your finger.
- Guides your child through a structured sequence of learning.
- Phonic animations link an action with the sound.
- 6 new Hairies dance with the mega Hairy.
“My daughter was diagnosed with dyslexia and this app shows her the phonics sounds along with a picture for the words she is building. It is great in the way that she wants to play the game and laughs at all the videos that goes with the sounds.
In addition to her reading struggles she also has problems with writing and she is asked to follow the path to make the letters correctly as well. She doesn’t seem to realise that she is learning and playing at the same time. She is already asking if there is a Hairy Phonics 3 as well.”
– Jen, Parent