Nessy Learning regularly undertakes studies to measure the effectiveness of our programs, and to direct program development. We welcome outside investigation into our programs and will gladly provide our materials to those wishing conduct independent research.
- An analysis of student results, after using the Nessy materials for remote learning at home over a period of 6 weeks during the COVID-19 school closures, showed an average gain of one US grade level in reading.
- The purpose of the study was to determine if there was a correlation between the Nessy Reading and Spelling Target Assessment, and The Slosson Oral Reading Test Revision 3 (SORT-R3).
- An analysis of the fidelity of use of the Nessy Reading and Spelling Program, and the students results of those taking the Nessy Reading Target Assessment pre and post use, was conducted on data collected by Godley Elementary School, in Texas, USA.
- The study documents a longitudinal comparison over 2.5 years from 2014-16, of a digitally delivered phonics program to a paper-based phonics program.
- Three schools in the South West of England participated in a study to determine the effectiveness of the Nessy Reading and Spelling program.
- Mr Hanlan, a teacher at the Glasgow High School, undertook an independent study into the effectiveness of the Nessy Reading and Spelling program.