Winner of the Education Resources Award
Learn the sounds and names of each letter with the Hairies. Play games to blend and read first words.
About the App
Learn the letters of the alphabet and how to blend first words. Trace the letter shape onscreen with your finger. For kids ages 4-6 years.
You’ll play games to reinforce learning and build letters into simple words, as the Hairy characters and memorable animations make a fun and engaging introduction to literacy.
“My 5 year old, 4 year old and 2 year old are now running around the house like the ant on your App. They are having a blast and love it.”
- Gary, Parent
What it includes
- Form each letter shape with your finger.
- Play games to blend letter sounds into first words.
- Learn lower and upper case letter names.
- Multi-sensory learning designed by specialist teachers.
- Letter sounds are introduced in six colour-coded stages:
- Each stage has its own game, using the letters you have learnt to build sounds into words.
- Games progress from three letter words to four and five letter words eg. cat, drum, sting.
- Multi-sensory learning is more effective by linking images to sounds and actions.
“My 3 year old absolutely loves this app. It gives her the opportunity to practise writing letters as well as the phonetic sounds. It is also a good introduction to spelling her first words. Best of all she does it all whilst having fun! Highly recommended. 5 stars”
”Great app, my 3 year old loves it! Well designed app for little ones learning their letters. Progresses in difficulty at just the right pace.”
”Absolutely brilliant way to get my 3 year old engaged in writing her letters – really marvellous. Why didn’t we know about this before!”
”By far the best app for teaching letters and sounds I have come across.”