How do I upload multiple students?
Nessy Classroom makes bulk uploading quick and easy.
Find out how to download our CSV template, or how to use your own, and how to upload a list of students in bulk below.
➥ We recommend you set up your Groups first before uploading your students.
Part 1: Creating your CSV
1. From the Home page, click the ☰ Menu button and select Import Multiple Students from the drop-down menu.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to choose your preferred ‘Date Format’. Once you’ve chosen your ‘Date format’, click the Download CSV Template button.
➥ The ‘Date Format’ chosen will display your CSV template. Make sure this format matches the data for your students’ date of births.
3. Open and fill in the ‘Firstname’, ‘Lastname’, and ‘Date of Birth’ cells for each student on the downloaded CSV template. You can then click Save as to save your CSV file when you’re finished.
! Do not change any of the column headings within the spreadsheet !
Part 2: Uploading your CSV
4. Return to the Nessy Classroom page where you will now see a box prompting you to upload your CSV file. Drag-and-drop your file into the box.
➥ If you are using your own CSV file instead of our template, double-check that you have followed the instructions on this page for an accurate data import.
5. Once your CSV file name is visible in the box, click the Import CSV button. The page should now update with the text “Import CSV complete” to confirm a successful upload.
6. Click the Create Students button to continue.
Part 3: Adding your students to a Group
7. Select a group for the uploaded students from the drop-down menu.
Once selected, click the Create Students button once more.
A notification will shortly appear on your screen confirming that your students have been successfully created!
You can now proceed to the ☰ Menu on the top-left and click All students to begin allocating Nessy program access to your students.