Dyslexia Professional Development
Nessy believes that all teaching professionals should have a basic knowledge of dyslexia and reading disabilities in order to identify and properly support struggling readers in their classroom. Our professional development training program was designed to quickly and conveniently provide essential information that teachers need.
The Nessy professional development program is unique in allowing you to train when you want, where you want and on the device you want to use. Work through six training modules and quizzes at your own pace—no scheduling or presenter required.
The six modules cover:
Module 1. Dyslexia Explained
- Understand the general characteristics of dyslexia.
- Learn to identify warning signs for different age groups.
Module 2. Phonological Dyslexia
- Recognize phonological difficulties linked to dyslexia and effective strategies to overcome them.
Module 3. Working Memory and Dyslexia
- Understand the link between working memory and dyslexia.
- Test your own working memory and learn helpful strategies.
Module 4. Visual Processing Dyslexia
- Explore visual processing dyslexia and related difficulties
- Learn practical classroom strategies.
Module 5. Auditory Processing Dyslexia
- Understand the role of auditory processing in dyslexia.
Module 6. How to Help
- Learn effective approaches to help children with dyslexia.
- Explore powerful learning strategies and assistive technology.
- Discover hidden strengths of students with dyslexia.
Each module is followed by a short quiz to review key concepts and assess learning. The training can be accessed on smartphone, tablet or computer and takes at least 2 hours to complete. Time spent training is logged and recorded, so evidence can be provided to a participant’s school if required.” Upon finishing the training, each participant receives a certificate of completion.
“That was the MOST AMAZING PD program I have ever taken! I am shocked at how much more I needed to know and how clear I now see dyslexia. I can now start figuring out what kind of dyslexia my students have and how I can differentiate better with them. THANKS so much!!”
– Traci Ferris, Dyslexia Teacher, Texas
“I really enjoyed these videos! I think that they were both informative and entertaining. I wasn’t bored at all watching them and they really painted a much clearer picture of dyslexia.”
– Lauren Serebransky, 7th Grade ELA
“It actually helped clear some things up for me that I was confused about. After watching those videos, it made me realize two students of mine may have Dyslexia.”
– Rochelle Haenchen, 4th Grade teacher
“It makes the word “dyslexia” seem a lot less scary and much easier to adapt to. “
– Amanda Edwards, Basic Skills teacher
Note that our profession development training program is part of a suite of educational products to help students with dyslexia. Once you have learned the basics of dyslexia through the professional development training modules, be sure to explore Dyslexia Quest, our dyslexia screening tool and Nessy Reading & Spelling, our comprehensive reading remediation software.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn to identify & screen
- Practical intervention strategies
- 2+ hours of training
- Completion certificate
- Certified by Bristol Dyslexia Centre
- Learn to accommodate children with dyslexia