Learn the names and sounds of each letter with the Hairies.
Award Winning App – Education Resources Awards 2011
App Store top 100 best selling apps, more than 200,000 downloads.
About the App
Hairy Letters is the perfect first learning App for kids aged 4-6. Learn the letters of the alphabet and how to blend first words. Interact with animations and trace the letter shape onscreen with your finger.
You’ll play games to reinforce learning and build letters into simple words as the Hairy characters and memorable animations make a fun and engaging introduction to literacy.
My 5 year old, 4 year old and 2 year old are now running around the house like the Ant on your App. They are having a blast and love it.
– Gary, Parent
How it Works
- Learn to form each letter shape with your finger.
- Play games to blend letter sounds into first words.
- Includes upper case letter names.
- Multisensory learning by UK specialist teachers.
- Letter sounds are introduced in six colour-coded stages.
- Each stage has its own game, using the letters you have learnt to build sounds into words.
- Games progress from three letter words to four and five letter words, e.g. cat, drum, sting.
- Multisensory learning is more effective by linking images to sounds and actions.
“My 3 year old absolutely loves this app. It gives her the opportunity to practise writing letters as well as the phonetic sounds. It is also a good introduction to spelling her first words. Best of all she does it all whilst having fun! Highly recommended. 5 stars.”
“Great app, my 3 year old loves it! Well designed app for little ones learning their letters. Progresses in difficulty at just the right pace.”
Absolutely brilliant way of getting my 3 year old engaged in writing her letters – really marvelous; why didn’t we know about this before!”
“By far the best app for teaching letters and letter sounds that I have come across.”