Teaches the Foundation of Number Sense, Addition, and Subtraction.
From $13.50 a month.
For ages 4-8.
Number Sense provides a different approach to learning math, one that is based upon the work of mathematics expert Chris Woodin, Ed.M.
Based upon decades of teaching experience, Number Sense’s innovative and research-based methods teach early math concepts, addition, and subtraction to build a solid foundation of number sense.
“Number Sense is not another skill and drill program. It provides students with the ability to recognize patterns of quantities and associate them with written numbers and facts. Kids take familiar patterns apart, then create facts as they reassemble them while describing the process.”
Chris Woodin Ed.M
Structured and systematic learning development uses a combination of whole-to-part processing, linking quantities to shapes and numbers, and multisensory lessons, activities, and games. This is beneficial for all children learning math, and children who have language-based learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyscalculia, and dysgraphia.
Number Sense helps shape the building blocks necessary for understanding early math skills, building your child’s confidence, fluency, and accuracy with basic math facts.
Join Yetis and Hairies on an adventure through the Number Sense Islands
1. Number Sense Island
Early math struggles begin when students fail to develop a clear link between number names and the quantities they represent. Once these associations are learned, students have the important ability to compare numbers.
The Number Sense program trains students to immediately recognize patterns of 5 and 10. This makes it easier for them to compare quantities and to understand the different values.
2. Add-Lantis Island
Children dive undersea to the Island of Add-Lantis to learn addition and subtraction facts 6-10, 11-20, 2-digit and 3-digit numbers.
3. Division Castle Island
Help to repair the castle, meet a friendly giant and enter Baron Von Double’s games. Learn multiplication and division facts following the highly effective whole-to-part methodology.
“He enjoyed the funny videos and games, especially the video at the end of the Number Bubbles games. The fact that he spent a full hour engaged with it speaks very highly about his enjoyment of it.”
Download the User Guide
• Math Fluency. Become fast and accurate with math facts.
• Writing recognition. Children trace numbers on the screen for hands-on learning.
• Number-Quantity Connection. Develop an automatic understanding of the relationship between number names and quantities.
• Number Comparison. Gain the important ability to compare numbers.
• Place Value Understanding. Develop a solid understanding of place value concepts.
• Manipulate virtual number dots, ten sticks, and hundred cubes. Interact with dots, sticks and cubes that easily represent tens, hundreds and thousands.
• Printable worksheets, posters, games, and certificates to reinforce skill development. Colourful Nessy posters help to reinforce learned concepts and skill development. children remember complicated math ideas and rules at home, and special certificates reward learning milestones.
• Internet connection.
• Compatible with most tablets equivalent of iPad 5 and newer.
• Works best with Google Chrome.
“The students enjoy the program, especially the games with the yeti!”
Jacqui Stenson, Teacher
1) L. Camera, 2023. New Data Shows That Just as Many Students Are Behind Grade Level as Last Year. US News & World Report LP, Online. Available from: https://www.usnews.com/
2) S. Schwartz, 2021. What New Data Reveal About Students’ Math and Reading Performance Right Now. Education Week, Online. Available from: https://www.edweek.org/
3) National Center for Education Statistics, 2022. How are American students performing in mathematics? National Center for Education Statistics, Online. Available from: https://nces.ed.gov/