Social Responsibility Statement
Nessy Learning believes it is important to consider how our decisions and learning materials affect current and future generations by focusing on sustainability, fair trade, racial justice, fairness, diversity, and inclusion. Nessy has a zero tolerance of bigotry, modern slavery, sexual harassment or bullying.
• Always follow the tenets of reduce, reuse and recycle.
• As much as possible, when buying promotional items, office equipment, furniture and supplies, ensure that it is made using credibly “sustainable” practices.
• Use energy from renewable sources.
• Seek third-party certification for our efforts.
• Research “best practices.”
• Have the goal of being a leader in these practices in our industry and our community.
When making purchasing or supplier decisions or when choosing collaborative partners, Nessy will ensure they endorse and ensure a supply chain that follows principles of fair trade, i.e. advocates the payment of fair wages to workers, as well as high standards of environmental stewardship and social conduct.
Employment should be freely chosen. Modern slavery is a crime and violation of fundamental human rights. It takes various forms, including slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking, all of which have in common the deprivation of one (or more) person’s liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain. Nessy commits to a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery. We act ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and will swiftly, decisively and resolutely enforce systems and controls to ensure modern slavery is not taking place anywhere in our own business or our chain.
Nessy recognizes that some groups have not, and are not, always treated fairly. We are fortunate to get to work with a diverse group of wonderful people but we will not be complacent. The people of Nessy, will pursue our long-standing commitment to fulfil the ideas held in our Nessy Fairness Doctrine.
- Being extraordinarily committed to diversity and inclusion with the objective of being a role model for other organizations.
- Insuring that the focus of our underwriting and sponsorship efforts include Black, Asian, Latino, Indigenous Populations, and LGBTQ communities, plus other such groups.
- Including refugee communities when we have employment opportunities.
- Looking for opportunities to employ people with different abilities.
- Encouraging a merit-based culture that seeks opportunities for underrepresented communities
Racial injustice persists. We, the people of Nessy, stand for racial justice. All human beings ought to be treated equally and with dignity. Have a proactive, earnest attitude about learning and growing.
- Imagine and be a part of creating racial justice and opportunity.
- Creating a culture of being loving, compassionate and of service.