PD & Training
Nessy Learning now offers professional development for dyslexia awareness. The program has been developed to help address state legislative requirements. The on-demand, self-directed content is accessible anytime, anywhere, from any device with internet access.
Nessy believes that all teaching professionals should have a basic knowledge of dyslexia and reading disabilities in order to identify and properly support struggling readers in their classroom. Our professional development training program was designed to quickly and conveniently provide essential information that teachers need.
The Nessy professional development program is unique in allowing you to train when you want, where you want and on the device you want to use. Work through six training modules and quizzes at your own pace—no scheduling or presenter required.
The training modules address the identification of dyslexia, intervention, accommodation and use of technology for students with reading disabilities. Each module is followed by a short quiz to review key concepts and assess learning. The training can be accessed on smartphone, tablet or computer and takes at least 2 hours to complete. Time spent training is logged and recorded, so evidence can be provided to a participant’s school if required.” Upon finishing the training, each participant receives a certificate of completion.
The 6 training modules cover:
Module 1. Dyslexia Explained
- Understand the general characteristics of dyslexia.
- Learn to identify warning signs for different age groups.
Module 2. Phonological Dyslexia
- Recognize phonological difficulties linked to dyslexia and effective strategies to overcome them.
Module 3. Working Memory and Dyslexia
- Understand the link between working memory and dyslexia.
- Test your own working memory and learn helpful strategies.
Module 4. Visual Process Dyslexia
- Explore visual processing dyslexia and related difficulties
- Learn practical classroom strategies.
Module 5. Auditory Processing Dyslexia
- Understand the role of auditory processing in dyslexia.
Module 6. How to Help
- Learn effective approaches to help children with dyslexia.
- Explore powerful learning strategies and assistive technology.
- Discover hidden strengths of students with dyslexia.
Note that our profession development training program is part of a suite of educational products to help students with dyslexia. Once you have learned the basics of dyslexia through the professional development training modules, be sure to explore Dyslexia Quest, our dyslexia screening tool and Nessy Reading & Spelling, our comprehensive reading remediation software.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website help section and getting started guide
Setting up students, assessment, and how students use the program
How to use the reporting features
2 hours ago:#WednesdayWisdom: Early #identification is key https://t.co/dCvklKtZrZ Does your child show these signs of #dyslexia?
2 hours ago:Use Nessy Reading & Spelling to see which words your students are struggling with. https://t.co/F6cYMbmb6h #dyslexia https://t.co/wQuBJj2AuI
14 hours ago:#didyouknow schools can sign up for a free 30-day pilot of Nessy Reading & Spelling? https://t.co/hOxgaV2iOG https://t.co/GiruuD2pfz