Solutions For Dyslexia
What works for dyslexia?
The International Dyslexia Association (IDA) of America identifies key elements of a program that works
“include structured, explicit, systematic, cumulative instruction designed to promote understanding, memory, recall, and use of spoken and written language. They also have multiple components that focus on such areas of instruction as phonological skills, phonics and word analysis, spelling, word recognition and oral reading fluency, grammar and syntax, text comprehension, writing, and study skills.”
The key elements of an effective program for dyslexia are:
– Phonological development
– Adapts to individual needs
– Encourages the development of strategies
– Based on Orton-Gillingham principles
The Orton Gillingham method has many years of research that evidence it as an effective approach.
Find out more at this excellent website.
The Nessy program satisfies all these elements.
Nessy believes that the very best help for a student with dyslexia is an inspirational tutor that is experienced and qualified.
Overcoming most severe kinds of dyslexia may require many years of instruction and cost $1000’s
but not everyone can afford a tutor or has access to one in their local area.
Online Computer Programs
Nessy has been developed by a team of experienced tutors and psychologists.
For those that can’t afford a private tutor Nessy offers many advantages:
1. Cost effective – for a few dollars a month you can get the right help.
2. Learn at any time – dyslexia causes children to forget so they need frequent revision. Being online means learning can be reinforced every day.
3. Any place – as long as you have the Internet and a computer (Smartphone or tablet) then you can use Nessy. Many areas have no access to a qualified and experienced tutor.
Nessy believes that the best solution to dyslexia is to learn how to read, spell and write but that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t use technology to help. There are lots of amazing products that will do the job for you!
Programs that turn speech into text:
2 hours ago:#WednesdayWisdom: Early #identification is key https://t.co/dCvklKtZrZ Does your child show these signs of #dyslexia?
2 hours ago:Use Nessy Reading & Spelling to see which words your students are struggling with. https://t.co/F6cYMbmb6h #dyslexia https://t.co/wQuBJj2AuI
14 hours ago:#didyouknow schools can sign up for a free 30-day pilot of Nessy Reading & Spelling? https://t.co/hOxgaV2iOG https://t.co/GiruuD2pfz