Full-stack .Net developer
We are looking for an experienced full-stack .Net developer to join our software development team based in Bristol. The applicant must have a minimum of 5 years solid experience working in a .Net environment with a desire to push their knowledge and skills to the next level.
Nessy has been making fun, educational software for children since 1999 and has developed a reputation for exceptional quality. Our cloud platform is used globally by hundreds of thousands of teachers and students and is a 3-time winner of the prestigious Educational Resources Awards.
A world leader for supporting and helping children with dyslexia, Nessy is at the forefront of educational technology development and we are expanding rapidly across the globe.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Based in our central Bristol head office and reporting to the CTO as part of the Nessy development team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Designing, building and testing new functionality across the Nessy platforms
- Maintenance and bug fixing across the Nessy platforms
- Investigating and responding to technical support issues raised by the customer support team
- Writing and updating unit tests and integration tests
- Reviewing and maintaining platform performance
- Using Trello to manage work through the development environments
Essential technical skills
- .NET 4.5+
- NET MVC 5
- NET Web API 2
- Entity Framework 6
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure SQL
- AngularJS (v1)
- Visual Studio 2015+
Desirable technical skills
- GIT and source control
- Continuous deployment using visualstudio.com
- ES6 and/or TypeScript
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Umbraco 7
- Must have at least 5 years solid experience as a .Net developer
- Experience of working with high-traffic web applications
- Self-motivated and inquisitive with good organisational skills
- Enjoys working in a cooperative team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Salary from £30-40,000 depending on experience
- Annual salary review and performance-based bonus
- 25 days holiday per year
- City centre office with a decked rooftop terrace and our very own Yeti Hut!
- Relaxed and informal working environment
- Monthly social events
- Office closure over Christmas period
- Company pension scheme
To apply for this role, please send a recent CV and covering letter to email@example.com.