Nessy Reading & Spelling
Nessy Reading and Spelling has been developed by a team of specialist teachers and psychologists to help children with dyslexia and reading disabilities.
– Suitable for 5-12 years
– Highly motivating
– Rebuilds self-confidence
– Improves reading, spelling and writing
– Guides children through the program
– Delivers activities that strengthens phonemic awareness fluency, vocabulary and comprehension skills.
Nessy Reading & Spelling is an online program.
It can be played on any computer or tablet with an Internet connection.
– 100 structured lessons
– 100s of video strategies that explain the rules of English
– 1000s of printable worksheets and card games
– 100s of games to develop blending, phonemic awareness, reading speed, rhyming, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension and spelling
“It was more extensive and inclusive than any other product I purchased
and responsible for 100% of our reading success.” Gail Camenzind
What is the Secret Behind Nessy Reading and Spelling?
1) Assessment Tools: Assessments align learning targets for each student’s reading level. In addition, reporting delivers performance data and analysis in a simple to understand format, and color-coding allows teachers to immediately identify and target areas of individual difficulty. What’s more, the initial evaluation helps to create a baseline score upon which progress is measured.
2) Individualized Approach: An individualized approach allows students to learn at their own pace.
3) Rewards: Student progress is rewarded by completing fun game-like activities that then unlock new games, characters and magical worlds.
4) Strategies: Within the animations, Nessy embeds memory strategies that help students encode important rules.
Everyone can succeed when they can learn at their own pace and in a way that suits their learning strengths.
“Awesome program for struggling kids.” Yasmin
Other Nessy Features:
– Offers Common Core progress monitoring.
– Predicts student performance at a glance.
– Presents research-proven technology that accelerates reading skills.
– Guides student learning without the need for one-on-one intervention.
– Offers structural analysis – the ability to break words into the root, prefix and suffix.
– Develops reading automaticity – the ability to read without having to think about each word, freeing working memory for comprehension, visualization and creativity.
“Nessy is an awesome program. It is extremely easy to navigate and the reinforcement activities are plentiful. During our summer program, the 2nd grade students asked daily to use Nessy. I found that three of my most academically challenged students enjoyed Nessy tremendously. These three students always walked out of the computer lab feeling accomplished. There is nothing better as a teacher than to see your students when that light bulb goes off and they get it!!” Sandy Vitale
– Adheres to established Orton-Gillingham principles.
– Used in 10,000 schools worldwide.
– Eligible for Title-1 and IDEA funding.
– Winner of the Education Resources Award.
Nessy Reading is the most comprehensive online program for dyslexia
– 100 lessons packed with interactive content guaranteed to engage and motivate.
– 300+ animated reading and spelling strategies.
– 1000s of printable activities.
Clearly, Nessy is the best reading program on the market, because it helps every student master the foundational reading skills needed for academic success. The program is comprehensive, and learning activities focus upon the core areas of reading instruction: phonological awareness, vocabulary, fluency and comprehension. What’s more, the learning structure is individualized, systematic, incremental, and designed to meet Common Core requirements, as well as rigorous state standards. Finally, reporting delivers performance data and analysis in a simple to understand format.
Recommended for ages 5-11 years
Nessy Reading & Spelling is an online program that requires an Internet connection and is accessed by logging in at nessy.com
Works on Chrome books, Mac and Windows desktop or laptop computers, Samsung tablets (tab4 or higher) iPad 4 or higher. iPad mini is not currently supported.
Internet browser: Chrome recommended for desktop or Android tablets and Safari for iPad. Not compatible with Internet Explorer.
- Ages 5-11 years
- 100 lessons
- 300+ animated strategies
- 1000+ worksheets
- Game learning motivates
- Mnemonic spelling strategies
- Sets learning objectives
- Ideal for learning english